First, I want to start by saying that I wish everyone a very Happy New Year. This is the Year of Resistance against injustice, read along and find out what you can do during Trump’s first 100 days in office to resist any injustices that he and his administration may attempt.
This is part 4 of a 4 part series. You can read Part 1 right here, Part 2 right here and Part 3 here. With 2017 just around the corner it is time for those of us who believe in human rights, the power of love, and the power of standing up for what we believe to begin to create our plan of action to resist and rebel against Trump and his administration. This post has been designed with the idea to provide you with 100 different actions that you can participate in during the first 100 days of Trump’s administration. These acts will vary in difficulty and participation level, some can be done with others, some are solo missions. All will help us resist the Trump administration. You can listen to this episode by clicking the Listen Here button below, subscribing on Stitcher or PodBean (iTunes coming soon).
76. Earth Care – Think about and start acting in ways that show you care for the earth.
77. People Care – Think about and start acting in ways that show you care for other people.
78. Fair Shares – Think about and start acting in ways that show you are fair.
79. Perform a random act of kindness.
80. Read the news from another country.
81. Aleppo. Learn about Aleppo.
82. Symbolic Opposition – Show those you oppose that you will not support their policies.
83. Sign the Jedi Pledge.
84. Don’t watch the Inauguration.
85. Meditate or pray daily. No this won’t help others but it will help you stay focused and calm.
86. Celebrate a different religious holiday. Fast with a friend who is Muslim during Ramadan. Celebrate Passover or Hanukkah. Learn about other holidays.
87. Host a pledge drive or goods drive at your place of school or work then donate the goods or money to a worthy local cause.
88. Write a letter to the editor about justice in the community.
89. Campaign for someone running in the mid-term elections.
90. Teach a kid to be active in civic participation. Teach them to write a letter to the editor or school board, teach them the importance of voting, take them to see their local government in action.
91. Stay positive. It’s hard. Very hard but find something to keep you positive. I have recently stumbled onto a Twitch Stream that is amazing with the positivity and good vibes. Check Cheesewizstreams out here.
92. Monitor all new bills coming through congress.
93. Hug a friend who needs a hug.
94. Create a vision board based on what you want to see in your community.
95. Work to create those visions within your community by setting aside 15 minutes a day to plan.
96. Support companies that support LGBTQIA and other rights.
97. Create your own blog or podcast to discuss justice issue.
98. Laugh – get out and laugh or you’ll be consumed by dread of the future.
99. Teach a community course to help others learn a new skill.
100. Love each other.